Johann Haviland China is named after Johann Haviland, a German immigrant who came to the United States in the 1800s. Haviland began experimenting with china production and soon became known for his quality wares.
The Johann Haviland company was officially founded in 1907 in Waldenburg, Germany, and produced a variety of fine china patterns over the years. In the 1950s, the company expanded its operations to the United States and opened a plant in Bavaria.
One of the most popular patterns produced by Johann Haviland is Blue Garland, which features delicate blue flowers and gold trim on white porcelain. This pattern has been a favorite of collectors since it was first introduced in the 1950s.
In the 1990s, Johann Haviland was acquired by the Rosenthal Group, one of the largest porcelain manufacturers in Germany. Today, the company continues to produce fine china patterns under the Rosenthal name, including some of the classic Johann Haviland patterns.
Johann Haviland China produced many patterns over the years, some of which are highly collectible and sought after. Here are a few of the most popular patterns:
1. Blue Garland: Perhaps the most well-known and iconic Johann Haviland pattern, Blue Garland features delicate blue flowers and green leaves with gold trim on white porcelain.
2. Forever Spring: This pattern features a floral design with pink and yellow flowers and green leaves on white porcelain.
3. Sepia Rose: This pattern is characterized by a bold design of sepia-toned roses on white porcelain.
4. Moss Rose: Moss Rose features an intricate design of red, pink, and yellow roses with green leaves on white porcelain.
5. Bavarian Blue: This pattern features a blue floral design with gold trim on white porcelain.
6. Twilight Rose: This pattern features a soft pink floral design with green leaves and gold trim on white porcelain.
7. Sweetheart Rose: This pattern has a delicate design of small pink roses with green leaves and gold trim on white porcelain.
8. Golden Wheat: Golden Wheat features a design of golden wheat stalks on white porcelain with a gold trim.
9. Floral Splendor: This pattern has a bold design of red and pink flowers with green leaves on white porcelain with a gold trim.
10. Symphony: This pattern has a floral design with blue, pink, and yellow flowers on white porcelain with a gold trim.